Welcome to The Rundown, our daily analysis of the comedy news we missed from yesterday. A link to share? Email our team at [email protected]
In case you missed it, AfterShock Comics announced “Land of the Living Gods” and Image announced “Step By Bloody Step”.
Cover by Leinil Francis Yu
– Marvel has announcement “Secret X-Men”, a special one-shot written by Tini Howard and drawn by artist Francesco Mobili. The book features Strong Guy, Forge, Tempo, Boom-Boom, Marrow, Armor, Cannonball, Sunspot, and Banshee, all of whom were candidates to be part of the new X-Men squad that debuted at the event. “Hellfire Gala”. . The official synopsis reads: âWhen the Shi’ar Empire faces an unexpected threat, it must call in the X-Men. Team Sunspot and Cannonball co-captains will lead Marrow, Tempo, Forge, Banshee, Strong Guy, Armor and Boom-Boom on a dangerous mission to save a figure of capital importance – the daughter of Professor X and Empress of the Shi’ar: Xandra! “Secret X-Men” features a cover of Leinil Francis Yu and will be available on February 9, 2022.
– Wonder spear “Fantastic Four Infinity Comic” # 1, a digital comic book by Zac Gorman, Stefano Landini and Ian Herring. According to the plot synopsis, “The Fantastic Four are planning a glitzy night out at an interdimensional restaurant – only to be held hostage by a gang of aliens bent on robbing the place!” The new Infinity comic will not affect Marvel’s ongoing “Fantastic Four” series. It’s available now on Marvel Unlimited.
– Going through Newsarama, Marvel announced the return of the Slingers in February in âAmazing Spider-Man # 88.BEY,â by writer Geoffrey Thorne and artists Jan Bazaldua and Jim Towe. The Slingers, a team of teenage heroes spun off from Spider-Man in the late ’90s, originally started out as four distinct alternate superhero identities used by Peter Parker: Hornet, Ricochet, Dusk, and Prodigy. Hobie Brown, the original Prowler, will be the new Hornet, while Marvel has given no indication of who the other three Slingers are. âAmazing Spider-Man # 88.BEYâ will be available in February 2022.
– Going through Anime news network, the creator of “Devilman” Go Nagai will draw a manga on a business trip to San Diego that he made in 1980 with the creator of “Astro Boy” Osamu Tezuka. Shogakukan Big comic The magazine will release the manga, titled “Go to Travel: Tezuka-sensei to no America Tabi,” on November 25. The manga will be 18 pages long.
– Going through ICv2, Graphic Mundi has announced four new titles in its Spring / Summer 2022 catalog. First of all, âHakim’s Odyssey, volume 2: From Turkey to Greeceâ, by Fabien Toulme, continues the odyssey of a Syrian refugee who must find a stable life and reunite his family in Europe on March 2, 2022. Then, â6,000 miles to Freedom: Two Boys and Their Flight from the Talibanâ, by filmmaker StÃ©phane Marchetti and artist Cyrille Pomes, is another refugee saga, fictional but inspired by real-life stories, which follows two teenagers fleeing Afghanistan to avoid being coerced into service by the Taliban. The book is released on April 27, 2022.
Next, “Jacob’s Apartment”, by Joshua Kemble, is a fictional graphic novel about two friends, Christian Jacob, who lives in the cleanliness, and Sarah, atheist and drinker, who find themselves put to the test by the circumstances of each of them. their lives. âJacob’s Apartmentâ debuts on May 25, 2022. Finally, âThe Passâ by Espe, is the sequel to âThe Perakeet,â which was also released by Graphic Mundi. Based on real life, “The Pass” is the story of a family whose newborn baby is diagnosed with a heart defect, which will require dangerous surgery. âThe Passâ will be available on June 15, 2022.
– Going through Deadline, Netflix has announced a host of Japanese titles, including animated and live action movies and series. The newly announced anime titles are: JoJo Stone Ocean’s Bizarre Adventure (premiere date December 1, 2021); The Seven Deadly Sins: Edinburgh’s Grudge (2022); Kakegurui Twin (August 2022); Orbital children (January 28, 2022); Tiger & Rabbit 2 (April 2022); Detective Conan: The culprit Hanazawa and Detective Conan: Zero’s Tea Time; Aggretsuko season 4 (December 16, 2021); Kotaro lives alone (2022); vampire in the garden (2022); Ultraman season 2 (2022); and Rilakkuma Theme Park Adventure (2022). Prior to today’s announcement, Netflix had ordered 90 Japanese originals. The company is hosting a two-day event this week – the Netflix Japan Festival 2021 – in which it will expand its local roster in the country.
– Going through ComicBook.com, live action from Netflix A play series, based on Eiichiro Oda’s manga, revealed the first five core members of the Straw Hat team at Netflix Japan Festival 2021. The cast includes IÃ±aki Godoy (Who killed Sara?) like Monkey D. Luffy, Mackenyu (Knights of the Zodiac) like Roronoa Zoro, Emily Rudd (Fear street) like Nami, Jacob Romero Gibson (Green leaf) like Usopp, and Taz Skylar (Scoundrel) like Sanji. You can head over to Netflix A play Twitter page to see character posters and more.
– Finally, via Deadline, actor Dean Stockwell has passed away. He was 85 years old. Stockwell was an Oscar and Emmy nominated actor whose stage, film and television career spanned more than 70 years and 200 credits, including Quantum leap, where he played Admiral Al Calavicci. He was nominated for four Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe during his stint on the series. Stockwell was nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the film Married to the crowd. Stockwell retired from acting in 2015, and pursued an artistic and exhibiting career in the United States under his full name, Robert Dean Stockwell. He is survived by his wife, Joy Stockwell, and their two children, Austin Stockwell and Sophie Stockwell.